Hungry For God

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Alive and Well in Falls City, NE

This will be a rather different post...

I'm sitting in our new house watching Mayah laughing and giggling at the spinning bird on her bouncer...this is about 2 hours after she had her vaccinations. She cried. I cried. It's torturing a baby!

It's been so long since I've blogged that I had to think for a minute about my password!

Moving with an infant is one of the hardest things I've ever done. I am hoping that we will find a church home soon so that I can begin to connect with some people here. So far, I've been unpacking and painting the kitchen. We've been here 2 weeks and our house is still full of boxes. This is quite a struggle for me - I am having a hard time relaxing and finding my rhythm with such chaos and unorganization..or is it disorganization?

Whoever lived here before decided to put in linoleum over the hardwood floors in the kitchen, and then use the same linoleum to line the cabinets!!! BUT. GET THIS. They first had red shelf paper down, and painted OVER the red shelf paper and THEN put the linoleum down. Using the same glue they used to glue it to the floor....But they did not glue the edges down, so there was dirt and bugs and such under the edges that had come up. Vicki and I worked for about 3 days getting that out, sanded, and newly lined, etc. Now we are painting over the barfy pink/mauve - we're painting it white to start until I can decide what color I want. I am NOT a home decorator. I would much rather have someone do this for me. Too bad we're not rich :)

I was able to go to KC and sit in the house of prayer with my aunt this weekend, and am looking forward to going again. I am hoping to be able to go twice a month when we get settled. There is just something about sitting under that annointing in a place full of people who have made a radical committment to a radical lifestyle. I have been encouraged and inspired once again.

Vicki got us the Bible on CD by some British man...he reads the Bible from beginning to end - she got it to play for Mayah while she sleeps, etc...and I've been listening to Genesis with her after reading it 3 times over the course of the last year. I am wondering what the Lord is trying to teach me here...

We've received about 30 calls on the Focus from folks in Minneapolis now that we live in Nebraska...I envision the Lord just kind of chuckling at this...we still have not sold it, but I know that we will some day. I keep telling the callers that they are welcome to come to Falls City for a test drive but have had no takers.

Women's group - I miss you all!!! So does Mayah.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    I'm so glad that you posted!!! I check about once a week just to see if by chance you've had the time. This was a pleasant surprise!

    Talk to you soon!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The menfolk of Bluer south campus miss you guys as well!

    I'm excited to see the house...whenever Amy and I make it down there ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home