Hungry For God

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

so...we were without electricity again today. I wonder if this is the norm for Minnesotans. Do people just go without light? I showered and got ready for work by candlelight this morning...no coffee. No blowdryer. No heat, except for the steam in the bathroom. I went to work in ponytail and no makeup. I was glad to see my choice in clothing was sufficient.

I am still wondering why the Lord has me working in this place...though today was much better than yesterday. It was a lot easier to be nice to people, and it's easier to deal with rude people when you are being nice to them. Kind of an oxmoronish statement, I guess...I felt relieved of some of the stress of a typical day, and there was a sense of peace. I was even able to say "no," quite eloquently, to co-workers who seemed to have gained a little bit more respect for me - or maybe it's because there is another "newby" to pass their filing off on. I was also reminded that it is actually no problem at all, maybe even my pleasure, to help people when they are nice and genuine...a good rule to follow myself. If we could all always be nice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home