Hungry For God

Monday, January 03, 2005

Another good quote

A quote that made me think a lot about my life and my role in the "story," as Brian McLaren puts it so uniquely:

"It's typical all over the world; human consumption always dictates our agendas. It's all about consumption. Taking in food and digesting it to extract what is of value to us, leaving only...leaving only crap. There's not a polite word for it, Reverend Dan. We consume everything we can, and everything we consume we turn into...(her word was a more colorful one than I'll repeat here)."

Bryan McLaren - The Story We Find Ourselves In

I think I may have liked the book even more if he would have used that word and offended so many who are more worried about it than the people who need so much more than better language...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home