Hungry For God

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

New Neighbors

Who knew what a procrastinator I would become? I should be fixing curtains, painting the kitchen, boiling rocks for the fish tank...

I just met my neighbor on the north side - she is about 70? years old. I went over yesterday to meet her, but she was on her way out the door to a MD appt. She stopped by today with what she called a "sussie" - a huge loaf of apple cinnamon bread with icing!!! She also told me that her husband, who has dementia, ran away 2 weeks ago. He was lost for a while before a doctor found him, and now she is trying to cope with living at home alone because he was put in a nursing home. She LOVES Mayah. She just wanted to stare at her for what seemed like several minutes. Maybe she'll be another grandma! I can see us having tea :)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home