Hungry For God

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Born Without Fusion

After a few months of severe back pain, I finally decided to go to a chiropractor...my apologies to all of you chiropractors out there, but I have always thought of you guys as strange neck popping quacks that make backs worse so that your patients will have to come back for more...
But, after my doctor didn't have a clue, and the pain was not subsiding, I went. The results? I just found out that my lowest vertebrae is not fused to the bone (pelvic? sacrum? no clue...) it's supposed to be fused to on my left side!!! Doc's guess was that I was born that way, and my body has grown to compensate...my spine is curvy and my 5th vertebrae is twisted outward so that one side is slightly lower than the other. Unfortunately, there is nothing the chiro can do except small adjustments (hmm). I had my first one yesterday. I had to lay down on my side and the chiro put all of his weight into contorting my body into cracking several times. It actually felt kinda good. Then, I got to stand on one of those machines that you start out standing on and then you end up laying on...it moves up and down..and I had little muscle - pulling electrode-type things attached to my lower back to stretch out the muscles. Does this sound like torture? On top of the electrode-type things was the largest heating pad known to man. It was pretty amazing...it actually felt really good. I will go back 2 more times and then I am on my own to build up ab and back muscles....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home