Hungry For God

Friday, March 04, 2005

RISK-TAKING!

I am definitely NOT a risk-taker! I went into this new year with sort of a fresh perspective of living free, shaking off the fear, and actually planning to DO all of those things I was afraid of before. For most people this would be something like - skydiving, or bungee jumping, but for me it is about interacting with people, about making myself vulnerable, and taking a risk that may result in my feeling rejected. How selfish? I know this sounds corny, but I did it tonight! I went for the Twin Cities House Of Prayer training, and I was so scared. I almost didn't go because I didn't want to have to pray in front of a bunch of people I didn't know. I've been wanting to be a part of this type of intercession and community ever since the first time I went to Kansas City, but in Houston the only one was 2 hours away, and then we moved across the world to Minnesota! I am really excited. After about 3 hours of being really really nervous, during a ministry time, I was so overcome by God's voice assuring me that I was supposed to be there. I really want to finish this, and hopefully be a part of a "watch," and so I am writing this as sort of an accountability - so that I won't let my fear get the best of me, but that I will follow my Bridegroom to the Mountain of Myhrr, even if it's scary.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go, Kari! In time, as you become more comfortable, you'll wonder why you were afraid in the first place. This training will be obviously a blessing to you personally, but it will also bless the church.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home