Hungry For God

Saturday, January 08, 2005

It's a New Year...and it's good

I am trying to write with a cat on my

lap, hogging the keyboard, but I don't have the heart
to make him get down...Poor Claude. He's getting
old..

Our pastor at Bluer (www.bluer.org I still can't link.
sorry!)gave the most awesome message tonight about the
new year, new hope, starting fresh. It was sooo good.
So inspiring, so RIGHT. If I learn how to link in the
near future, I'll post it.


It was as if the whole message was SOS for me, and an
inspiration, or call to live your life fully in God,
the full, abundant life He's called us to, taking in
all of His creation and opportunity around
us...instead of being afraid of the mountain,
the rocky cliff and steep ledges, going my
own way up the mountain of myhrr...

I am so hungry, so thirsty, so in need...
I've just come to a place where I can't
live anymore without being full, without
moving forward, with being scared and intimidated...I
have to close my eyes and jump. I have to...and I
can't worry anymore if I screw up!

Lately I've had this hunger, this longing,
it's not being satisfied, but it's there...it's more
recognizable than ever before...this after kind of
being in a place of wandering away, of feeling like
the Lord would never bestow His presence upon me
again...being tired of waiting and wanting and not
hearing or feeling or living...but I feel like I'm
going to have to step out and just do it...just go for
things that I'm typically intimidated to go for,
and I'm tired of not pursuing some things because
I may be doing it alone...

Last night I felt a little bit of that freedom that I
used to have in college...just having pizza and a beer
with Luke...but, for a moment, all of the rediculous
worries that I mull over daily just disappeared...and
it was nice. It's always nice when that happens...I used
to just go for things, and not worry about what people
thought. I USED to, just for a time while I was also high
24 hours a day, feel like I really could do anything
in the world and be happy...and there was such freedom
in that (until I started having panick attacks).
Maybe this is a learned kind of freedom that God wants
to teach me? I don't know...and I don't know anyone
personally who has ever gotten to that place and stayed...
but, if glimpses are all I get, I'll take it.

When I think about what I am doing with my life, all I
can come up with is "NOT MUCH"...not much in the way
of a career, or helping others or being adventurous,
or having a deep deep walk with God...there is not
much there at all. But at the same time, it's so hard
to wait on the Lord to put in me the things I cannot
buy with money or give myself...I again, feel like I
am on the verge of greatness...but then stop myself
when I realize WHOSE greatness...really only
mine...where is that line that I cross so easily? Or
have I ever been on the right side of it...or is there
a right side?

and so...I want so badly to be a part of something
meaningful, something great that brings GOOD to people,
and that is progressive in a pursuit of truth about God,
something growing, something driving, something
exciting...I am sure everyone wants that. Why do we
not go after it? Or are we in the middle of it and do
not know it?

That is what I want for my new year..

Also, after reading those McLaren books, I kind of
became - well, I take that back. Long before I read
those books, maybe it started with the elections?, I
was in negative mode...critical mode, and the Lord has
really put on my heart the positives lately, the need
to be positive, to see good, to not focus on what is wrong
with the church, but to be good and do good and not worry
about it...to slough off the old skin.

That is what I want for my new year...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home