Hungry For God

Friday, October 27, 2006

Anger that won't die,
Living to be rekindled,
Aiming at my Lover for revenge...
For rejecting me.
Though it was not even He who rejected me at all.

Who are you
Who has drawn me into the circle
Of deception and death?

Oh Jezebel, full of malice and anger,
You'll control me not...one day.
When all has been relinquished,
When my stiff fingers have been pried off,
And my whole life is truly HIS.

When will I learn?
When will I recognize
A lie from the pit?
A sword drawn to destroy
That which my Lover
Gave HIS life to rescue?

I see Your heart now.
How I've bruised it so,
And I don't understand.

How can You still want me?
I'm filthy and used.
I believed all the lies
She told me about You.

Truly I am the rejector,
Swarthy and mean.

Surely this robe is not meant for me.
It's too lovely and clean a garment
To be free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home