Hungry For God

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Divine Lullaby

I have been having the hardest time getting Mayah to sleep lately. Mostly because she nurses to sleep and now has teeth...I don't think I need to elaborate on that. She is also still sick, but today the most AMAZING thing happened!!!

I was trying to get her to go down, and she was so upset - screaming and squirming - the whole bit. I had tried everything, even nursing her, and then I started singing Jesus - just singing His name. Immediately, she was quiet and still, and about 2 minutes later, she was out cold. The room had been cleared. It was as if whatever had been bothering her HAD to be gone, and in it's place His peace filled up every part of the room...

Oh! And then, my neighbor came over, and SHE DIDN'T RING THE DOORBELL. That helped a lot...I was about to put a sign up that said, "Please don't ring the bell in the afternoons," but somehow she got the clue!!! YAY! Thank You Lord :)

I am anxious to see if my new lullaby (or really HIS new lullaby) will work every time...hmmm. I may have stumbled upon something very very important here!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Kari, that's so awesome! Maybe I need to try that when I have trouble sleeping at night! ;-)

    Miss you, and I'll try and call you this weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home