Hungry For God

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Missing Minnesota...

I am really longing to be back in Minneapolis today. I wish there was snow on the ground, or even some ice...I miss Bluer, and women's group. I miss my friends Patsy, Amy, Jen, Jamie...and the rest of you. I miss going to a church that is REAL even if the realness is not pretty, or even if it's beautiful...I miss seeing people who are NOT normal. I miss going to church with people who are not normal according to society, yet they don't care and are not trying to meet society's standards...I miss sitting on a couch with a coffee table to put my feet upon in church. I miss candles and techno worship music...I miss impromptu gatherings at Bryan and Jamie's after church or on a Friday night...I miss good chinese food...good italian food...good grocery stores - well, ones that don't sell outdated dairy and meat. I miss praying together, sharing what's REALLY going on inside, what God's doing in our lives...I miss being able to just journal during church if God is doing something in me outside of the service...crying without everyone thinking I'm a nut...I miss being around people who are not constantly trying to be the world's version of perfect. I miss busy streets and city lights. I miss going out to dinner with Amy...I miss my friend Joyce at work cracking jokes that are not that funny, but because she laughs, they are hilarious...I miss Minneapolis...I miss the crazy lady that used to come in the office and cuss like she had terret's ( i have no idea how to spell that), and then talk about her birds and her hair while she was ringing the bell on the counter a million times loudly...I am really...truly...missing Minnesota.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FWIW, we have no snow and most of us don't miss it ;-P

    sigh.

    It's not the same without you either.

    {{{{hug}}}}

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Missing you too! Nick was telling me the other night that I should go out to dinner with a friend sometime, and the first thought that crossed my mind was, "but Kari's not here."

    I concur with Patsy, it's not the same without you here!

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The point of all our comments is we all miss you guys!
    I hope someday your journey comes back to minneapolis or to the place you can really call home. But I hope its here. :)

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger KariBryant said…

    Oh...me too. Me too....
    Merry Christmas! Hope you got snow :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home