Hungry For God

Monday, July 04, 2005

TAG

Blogging Cohort, Patsy Brekke sent this to me...she "tagged" me, and so now I get to answer the following:



Blog these 5 items:

What is the total number of books you have ever owned?

What is the last book you bought?

What is the last book you read?

Name 5 books that mean a lot to you.

Tag 5 more people and pass it on!
What is the total number of books you have ever owned?
I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing, but I inherited from my mother the characteristic of book horder....so, there's no telling...right now I've tried to cut it down to one book case, but I find that every cabinet is also full of books...my aunt Vicki keeps sending me more in the mail too!
What is the last book you bought?
For Father's Day, I bought Luke this book called, "Why I Need You, 100 Reasons" By Gregory E. Lang - it's about a baby's first thoughts...the first thought in the book is, "I need you to remember that I'm watching everything you do." It's so sweet...
What is the last book you read?
Unfortunately, I have not finished a book in a while...I seem to get what I need from the book and then it gets dry and boring...I am trying to read more fiction this summer to stop this trend...that sounds kind of "not good," huh?
So, I decided to not do the book thing in terms of "self-help" for pregnancy and child birth and spirituality, but that didn't seem to work for very long. Currently I am reading:
- The Cloud of Unknowing & the Book of Privy Counseling...I am not sure who this is by originally
- A Grief Observed, CS Lewis
- Divorce Proof Your Marriage - don't know at the moment who the author of this is either
- The Four Chaimbered Heart by Anais Nin - the only fiction for now, but I'm trying!
Name 5 books that mean a lot to you.
1. The Ragamuffin Gospel, Brennan Manning
2. Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers - this one probably means the most to me...
3. The Oranges of Hironymous Bosche by Henry Miller - there was a time in my life I wanted to BE Henry Miller, or a female version of him...things have changed a lot, but I still love this book. It spoke to me a lot about trusting that I will be taken care of...
4. Bernard de Clairvoux on SOS (series)
5. The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy by Vicki Iovine (she makes it clear that it's perfectly normal for your butt to be bigger than your belly at this stage! I love it!)
I'm tagging: Mark, John, Melody, Luke, and Bob - never mind, I'm not sending this to anyone...I will not spend more then 20 minutes trying to figure out how to link on someone else's blog comments... I just don't get it, and that's how it is. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home