Hungry For God

Monday, April 11, 2005

I Will Stand

I will stand.
With fierce determination I will come before You,
You whom my soul loves.

Though storm clouds blur my vision
And heavy winds try to move my feet,
I am planted firmly.

Like a delicate flower
Whose petals blow wildly in the breeze,
My roots grip the fertile soil
Sucking life and holding on tight

I will not let go of the One
Who will not let go of me.

I see myself as a little rose
Or autumn crocus of the Plain of Sharon
Or a humble lily of the valley
That grows in deep and difficult places.

How can I ever be worthy
Of the blind faith
You have called me to?

But You say,
Like the lily among the thorns,
So are you my love among the daughters
.

Come, O north wind!
Try to move me from this place!
Though I do not feel you
I say yes to You!

I am not offended at the resolve
You are building in me
To climb Your Mountain of Myrrh.

Come storms and dark shadows.
I am not wavering.
I will stand.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You may be the most intense little grrrl I have ever met.

    Great poetry Kari!

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kari, this is beautiful!!! I wish I could write poetry like this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home