Hungry For God

Monday, April 04, 2005

"In the night I dreamed that I sought the one whom I love. I looked for him but could not find him. So I decided to go out into the city, into the streets and the broad ways and seek him who my soul loves. I sought him, but I could not find him." SOS 3:1

The whole of my body and soul feels empty, dried and shrivelled.
The gaping hole grows wider, the chasm deepens.
Waiting is not even torture anymore,
It is something I now long for.
To want to want, this is what I want.

I have found what I've been looking for,
But I can do nothing to attain it, to capture it, to understand it.
What I ache for is a mystery.
What I desire is lost somewhere beneath all of the words.
They are like a fence around my heart
That try to explain away the depths of my soul,
But they are not enough for me anymore.

The flame is no longer bright
But as thick logs in a dying fire still glow dimly,
The embers of my heart burn hot
Drifting back and forth
Searching for the Lover of My Soul
Who will once again breath life into me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home