Hungry For God

Monday, May 16, 2005

Thanks Mom(s)

I have been down lately, really feeling like I'm not getting my fair share because my mom is not here to share in my pregnancy (I'm sure she was "out of control hormonal" with her pregnancies also, wouldn't she have some great advice if I could talk to her today?) I have spent most of my life without my mother. It's been scary, lonely at times, and sometimes just not fair...

Yesteray, I was so touched by the women of Bluer, who ministered to me and prayed for me that I began to see again how incredibly the Lord has placed women in my life - at each stage - who have been a mother to me.

The lessons my mother taught me before she died are more important to me than almost anything else. I remember learning how to cook and clean at such a young age, how to treat others, how to read music, how to give of myself, how to spend time with God, which books were the really good ones, how to laugh and be silly, how to journal...I could not have asked for a better mom.

And yet...in the years that she's been gone, I have had so many different mothers - mothers who have helped me with going through puberty, dating, applying to college, my first times away from home at school. I have had mothers who have taught me responsibility, who have nurtured my spirituality, taken a genuine interest in my life and in helping me out, planning weddings, moving, cleaning a new house I'm about to move into, planting a garden...

I have been blessed with women I have been able to share my deepest fears with, women who have prayed for me and with me, women who have told me when I needed to get a grip. A lot of people can say this about their friends, but God has constantly placed in my life women who are older than me, about the age my mom would have been today, who seem to have a tender spot in their heart for me...little, broken, unworthy me...

It's just another way God is revealing my redemption, my worth, the love He has for me. The One who will not let me go has given me the gift of a mother in every way I could have possibly needed her.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Kari, that is beautiful! I almost started crying...It's so beautiful when God shows us we're really not alone by giving us exactly what we need in some unexpected way. You are blessed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home