Hungry For God

Monday, September 03, 2007

I've recently deleted some posts...I'm just trying to be sensitive to others, and I worry that the posts may have been hurtful, or may have exposed some people in a way not honoring. My struggles are not always related solely to me, and maybe a blog is not the place to share your inmost struggles just in case some of you were wondering...especially when you are 8 months pregnant, you're doctor is a farmer (just kidding, I think she's actually pretty good), and you live in isolation :)

If you've read previous blogs, you may know that I am on a women's ministry core group for the AG church in Falls City...though we are not members there, we are still somewhat involved...or, I am, I guess. They had started a pretty neat ministry for young adults, more of a discussion than a sermon-type of meeting, and also more intimate...but it pretty much flopped over the summer, as a lot of things do. So...we've felt a little homeless as far as church goes. We've been wondering around town, going to different churches...still nothing different from the last time we wandered...

But, at our last meeting, the women's ministry asked me if I would lead a study on the book, "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge...I told them I would co-lead if someone would agree to help me since I'm having a baby in a few weeks and also it will be right in the midst of harvest, and my husband will be extremely busy at work. I have not had anyone volunteer, and those I've asked have declined. I've never led anything, really...and my ideas of how this would go are completely different from the norm...and women can sometimes be hard to work with as we often want to fix each other and know it all...I know this because I am one of those who want to fix everyone. I realized how hard this can be on another when someone was trying to fix me, and it really irritated me and sometimes hurt my feelings.

Blah...blah...blah...all this to say, if you think of me, please pray that my soul and pride would not take over and that it would obviously be God doing the work here...

Other than that...let's see...we went to the Omaha zoo today - the nicest zoo I've ever been to. If you're ever in the neighborhood, you should check it out! It's open year round :) The bathrooms are even clean, and there is one about every 30 yards!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for so many clean bathrooms at the zoo! At some places in SD (where we ended up spending our vacation since y'all were not in town) they had no, very few, or quite messy bathrooms.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Nate said…

    I was at the zoo in the winter when I was about fifteen. I won't tell you how long ago that was. But it was a cold day and they had to put a number of animals away. but it would have been very nice if we were there for more than an hour.

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Nate said…

    Hey, dtill dropping by often. Lately, every time I do, I see "I've recently deleted some posts" It has been a while since I read your post that I finally got curious as to why. "But you read my post, you should know what it said", you say. Well my reading retention sucks. It is wonderful that since I am an avid reader, I can read the same books over and over again, and they are pretty much new to me again and again. Bad part is, can't remeber much. So, the question that I have for you is, were those depictions that you put in your blog true or not. If they were true and people were ashamed of them. Too bad. They shouldn't act like that then. If just your feelings, it is still OK that these people know those feelings, it is just honest. I was telling a New Yorker that I lived there for six months and did not like it. He said he did not like liveing here because people were not honest. I ask him how. He saind in New York they tell you what they think of you to your face. Elsewhere, if they don't like you, they may tolerate you, be nice to your face or talk behind your back, or just try to avoid you. Very dishonet in his eyes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home