Hungry For God

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Moving Again...

We found out yesterday that we are moving to Cincinnati, Oh. Part of me is SO excited to get out of Falls City...to be able to actually buy groceries in the town I live in, to go out to eat without having to drive an hour...to perhaps go to a movie once in a while! Maybe a coffee shop!!! I bet we can actually get wireless internet there :)

The other part of me is wilting...wondering if I'm up for starting over again...making new friends, pulling all of our stuff out of boxes, arranging it just so, hanging curtains, putting the crib together, the clothes back into the drawers...hanging pictures on the walls. Mostly, making new friends. I've discovered lately that I am a social retard. I am also co-dependent. Aren't we all? I am so afraid of having to begin all over again, I'm afraid I'm going to hole up with my 2 little ones and just be a hermit.

I cried when we left Galveston...it was the best and worst place we've lived. I cried when we left Minneapolis...it was an amazing place to live. I don't think I'll cry when we leave Falls City, NE (the butthole of America), but I might cry when we get to Cincinnati. I'm just a little stressed out about how life in a new city with a 2 yr old and a 4 month old will be when I don't know anyone or anything about the city. I kind of wish we had a welcoming committee assigned to us by my husband's company...

On the brighter side...I may be able to finally go back to school, and we will be able to do things we've missed for a while, and maybe we'll find a house church...or a place where we have a little bit more in common with others than here. I just posted a comment on a friend's blog - she's moving to India! I told her it was like God just grabbed her hand and said, "Let's jump into that deep scary ocean together!" Maybe He's doing that with me too.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Nate said…

    Wow, that is a lot of moving. Cinci is kind of an odd place. Right on the border of the hills of Kentucky. I have had some strange experiences in the Kentucky hill country.

    If it is not too forward of me to ask, why all of the moves? Military?

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Nate said…

    Oh yeah, social retard here too.

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger KariBryant said…

    fyaviNate, the company my husband works for, Bunge, is moving us. It is a really great company to work for, and they treat their employees wonderfully...but, if you work for them, you will likely be moving for the first few years in order to "move up the corporate ladder." That's just the way it works...kinda sounds military, huh? My sister is military and they are moving to Hawaii in May!

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger One Voice of Many said…

    Congrats on the big move. With small ones, you'll definitely appreciate being able to shop and do things closer to home.

    My children are still young and were born close together but when they were babies I totally fell off the face of the earth. I felt like I must be doing something wrong to be so secluded but looking back I realized they needed 150% of time and anything else was merely a drain on what energy I did have. However, I did get nutty isolated and appreciated the moms I met in the area that also had small children that could play together while we discussed all of those indepth questions of "yours does that too? WHEW!"

    I digressed again... I tend to do that. But, again, congrats!

    Michelle

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Valorosa said…

    Is there a beautiful waterfall in Falls City at least?

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger KariBryant said…

    Michelle,
    Thanks for making me feel normal for being a hermit! It's about all I can do sometimes :)

    Valorosa - not even a waterfall! We thought we might be able to find one...no such luck. I think the little city used to be on a river, but they moved it due to flooding.

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think that is correct. But if you walk out to the edge of town (which should only take you a few seconds) there is a stagnant pool of water that has a slight drop off into another pool. Maybe that is what they are refering to.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    I know how you feel, Kari. I think He is taking both of us and placing us far outside our comfort zones so that we rely on Him alone. He is jealous for our hearts!

    I know that the Lord will provide for all your needs in Cincinnati. It's intimidating to move somewhere that you don't know anyone, so I'll be praying that the Lord will give you divine connections.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home