Hungry For God

Monday, March 24, 2008

Silent Retreat

....that is what I'm dreaming of....

I'll probably be missing in action for a while.

Our house went on the market today - it is showing tomorrow for the first time! Gonna have to pick up all of those dirty diapers off of the floor and wash the dishes...maybe dust and put away the strollers and bouncers and swings and boppies and every other baby apparatus. Gonna have to find somewhere to go while they show the house. I don't think it will be warm enough to go to the park...and everywhere else in this town is "smoking," which would be fine if not for a 5 month old baby. If I still smoked, I'd be puffing one right now. Instead I've eaten a whole box of girl scout cookies. And, I'm cracking open a bottle of wine...

We found out today that Luke will be starting in Cinci on May first...

So. So. So.

We have one month to do the impossible:
- finish the remodeling project we started in the bathroom a year ago
- sell our house in a poor market
- buy a house
- move
- go to TX before my sister moves to Hawaii so we can see my new nephew at least once in our lives

So....in between all of this, we've discovered an enlarging lymph node on Sam's neck that is not going away as it should. We've also got to find a pediatric endcrinologist in Cinci to follow his thyroid progress...and decide if we are going to live in temporary housing in Cinci until our house sells here or if the three of us (me and the kids) will leave Luke in Cinci and stay in Falls City while he works until the house sells...or if we are going to go to TX until the house sells so we can be there when my sister gets there anyway and I will have some emotional support. It all hinges on what temporary housing is, and if they will let us bring our pets. So, what are we going to do with our pets? What if temporary housing is an extended stay hotel? 2 cats, a 2 yr old, a 5 month old, and 2 adults. What fun! Oh, yeah...the house next door is for sale. the house across the street is for sale too. 2 streets over there are 2 more homes for sale ;) one block to the north of us, there are also 2 homes for sale.

Oh, God! Please cause the house to sell to the people who are looking at it tomorrow!!! Maybe they'll just want to re-do the bathroom themselves :) Just convince me that miracles still do happen.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i will be praying for you guys!

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Nate said…

    WOW! Sounds a lot like my life past. Do not do the Extended Stay. Been there, done that. It is NOT good for a marriage. Done the two mortgages thing. Not good either. Done the apartment thing until the house, better, but then half your stuff goes in storage. Oh yeah, it's the half you need, and you still have two payments each month. Have not done the stay with family thing, but being away from my family that long would kill me. I'll be prying for you.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger acamam said…

    Hi there! I just happened upon your blog while doing a search on Google for Beth Moore studies. I've never been on "Hungry For God" nor did I know it even existed, but your blog caught my eye. My name is Pam, and my husband and I (and our children) live in Cincinnati on the east side. We go to one of the Methodist churches here. Do you know which side of Cincy you'll be moving to? Maybe I could send you some info or something. I will definitely be praying for you, because we moved here from a little town in WV when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant with our first child 19 1/2 years ago. My husband grew up in Cincy, but I was totally intimidated by the "big city". Depending on where you live, you can have that smaller town feel, but have the advantages of a big city. God bless you, and remember...the will of God won't lead you where the grace of God can't keep you. (From a song by The Martins, but I love it!)

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger KariBryant said…

    well, my house was the cleanest it's ever been yesterday, and the family looking was a 'no show.' I'm pretty sure the realtor came into the house and used the bathroom though...because the toilet was running when I came home. lovely.
    So, today, the house is a wreck and I'm feeling much better.

    Nate...yes, it all hinges on the temp housing...the extended stay would be a no go, but I can't be without Luke for too long. It is hard enough for just one week! Luckily his employer will cover the cost of almost everything including an apt if that ends up being what they deem temp housing, and storage for our stuff if our house sells sooner than we have another one.

    Pam, I would LOVE any information that you can give me! We have changed our minds about where exactly we want to live a couple of times now, and are feeling kind of clueless. At first we were thinking of West Chester area, but when we looked, it was too big for us. So, now we are thinking of going north towards Waynesville (but NOT middletown). Any information would be SO MUCH appreciated!
    \kari

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger acamam said…

    Hi Kari! I'm just checking my email before I go out on some errands, but I will try to find you some info and send it. I have a friend who lives in Waynesville...or at least she used to. She got married, and I don't remember if they moved from there or not. I don't know a lot about the northern side, except for King's Island Amusment Park (fun!), but I'll find out as much as I can! Take care, God bless, and hang it there!! :) Pam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home