Hungry For God

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Longing

There is a gap between You and I...between all that You've called me to be, created me to do.
I long to minister to You, to love You with abandon.

The longing grows stronger and stronger, and I ache to know You more.
I ache for the space between us to be sealed up.
I so want to offer up every part of me, to lavish upon You the ocean of love that roars deep inside of me.

But this thing, this human woundedness, my flesh, it causes me to hold back.
It causes me to withhold my trust.
I cease to rest in You, and I defy that which my heart dreams of.

There is a place inside me that is bursting at the seams with zeal for Your house.
I want to fly freely, stepping boldly and faithfully out of my cage, but my fear keeps me safely on the ground.

Jesus make me whole.
Change me.

I want to be like the one You danced for, before the Father, when You were planning me.
Just like her...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home