Hungry For God

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Freaking Out...a little

So, we are in Cincinnati. We begin our house hunt tomorrow...it's GREAT being in the city again...knowing that this will be my new home. I am like a kid in a candy store. I know that sounds rediculous to most, but try living in the twighlight zone for 2 yrs. We ate at PF Changs...something I've been looking forward to for a week now. And, we are going to get to go to a movie!!! YAY! It's a little bit strange though...I feel like I may just get lost here in the city...I know there will be many ways to connect, and I will be able to meet others and be accepted by folks more easily than when we moved into Falls City. BUT. I feel like I'm going to have to learn how to drive in rush hour traffic again, and all that comes with city life.

I am also freaking out a bit because we left our daughter at home for our "looking" trip. We'll be gone for 5 days, and she's never been without us for more than one night. Maybe 2 nights, but with relatives. I miss her! I never thought I would say that about a 2.5 yr old whose favorite word is "mine!!!!!" or "no!!!" But, I hope she's okay.

We also left a sick kitty at home. I'm feeling really guilty about this. I am not sure what happened to him, I think he got bit again...it seems to be a habit. We've already spent literally thousands of dollars on his medical mishaps, and so Luke has told me "absolutely not!" this time. I am afraid we are just going to have to put him to sleep. It's killing me because I am one of those die hard animal lover types...I don't know what feels worse, leaving him at home knowing he's sick or thinking about putting him to sleep. We have someone who is going to be looking after him, but that is not much comfort.

Okay! I'm going to call and see how Mayah is doing this evening! Tomorrow we start the great hunt. UGH. I hope we just find something we love and KNOW that it's the right place.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Nate said…

    Hi Kari,
    I hope you like Cinci. Being an avid big city guy, I know I could not live in Falls City at all.

    Been out a while, life has been hell. But I would like to continue the conversation on sin at something else. I will comment today, and look forward to your input.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home