Hungry For God

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Update

Saturday night the kids and I landed in Colombus, Oh after a tour of Texas to see relatives. It was good to see Ann (Luke's mom) and our new niece, Zoe...as well as the rest of the Bryants! We also got to see my aunt Vicki and Uncle Richard and my grandparents on my mom's side in Houston. It was a good week! The kids loved being at Vicki's...and she actually took over "baby duty" for several nights while we were there, waking up with Sam to feed him in the middle of the night. I can't even begin to explain unless you've had to travel with 2 babies alone how awesome that is.

We also got to see my dad and his side of the family down in McAllen, where the temperature did hit 105 degrees. It was incredibly HOT. My grandmother loved seeing the kids, and held Sam a few times. It was really neat to see her with him, and the life that he brought. Babies do that! My step sister had her baby the night before we left, but we didn't get to see him. He is healthy and perfect though! I also got to see my sister, her family, including the sweetest new baby ever.

We are now living in a hotel in Cincinnati for - well, we don't know how long right now. It doesn't really seem as if anything is being done regarding our home in Nebraska and it's sale. The realtor is still showing it. We are still involved in "something" with the relocation company, though i'm not quite sure what that would be. The best thing for us right now would still be for our house to sell to a private party there. I don't want to go into all of the details because my husband's employer is also involved in the process, which is a good thing, but it has been (and still is) very frustrating.

Living in a hotel room with a 2 yr old and a 7 month old is quite a challenge, but we are coping. I keep going back to something someone told me about our situation. She said that God had laid it on her heart that he is protecting us right now in our current situation, by not allowing us to buy a house yet. So. I'm trying to trust. MEanwhile, there is a nice park nearby, and I've had a really cool day! Let me tell you about it! I called the local MOPS group and was given the phone number of the lady in charge (I think she is anyway), and she called me back soon after. What a sweet soul she seems to be. We are meeting her family tomorrow at a church in the area, and then she has invited the kids and I over to her house Monday for coffee and play time. She told me about a Thursday park play time for moms in the MOPS group also. I dont' even know if we are going to live in this area, but for now it seems like God is dropping little gifts in my lap to bring a little sanity.

We went for a drive today to look at the area...we drove out into sort of "the country" to a place that we LOVE...and stopped at a park where a church was having a little party. A man was wearing a T-shirt advertising the seminary that my brother-in-law is currently attending in Texas, so we started up a conversation. He is the youth pastor at a church, and has a little girl Mayah's age. They played for about an hour at the park, and he told Luke about the area that we fell in love with. We'll see if that is where God puts us.

Who knows what church we'll go to, or if God will even place us in a church buidling...but the people inside those buildings, that make up the organization, have extended their kindness as the "church" to us so far, and for that I am thankful.

I also just wanted to share that I just finished reading The Shack. I didn't think I could get through it, having a daughter of my own, the beginning was difficult to swallow. Also, because I lost my mother at a young age...I've been mad and have blamed God for that ever since. But, I think that God is planting little seeds that will hopefully one day grow into an understanding of Who He is...really. This book did just that I believe. It's a little strange, but I thought it was beautiful. I thought it was cheesy at times, but it made me cry and love even more deeply...and it spoke deeply to my heart. I will have to post about it in more detail when I have a chance. In the meantime, I HIGHLY recommend it.

I miss the blogging community that I've grown to know a little, and I hope to be in touch again soon. If you think of us...we could use your prayers for sanity, things to do that do not cost an awful lot of money...friends for Mayah, our house to sell...these are all things that I WANT, but I guess more than that, peace and patience, and the ability to live knowing that we are being taken care of, no matter where we are.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger One Voice of Many said…

    So great to hear from you and that things are going well!

    I've finished The Shack recently also and, also having a daughter, thought I couldn't get past the first few chapters.

    Wishing you well from my side of the blogosphere... :-)

    Michelle

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Nate said…

    I feel for you incredibly. I moved with my wife and daughter and stayed in a hotel for a month. It was something that we both coped with, but decided never to do again. Nor will we. Even as I am getting promoted and moving to Savannah, GA. We will see how God provides. I will be praying for your sanity as well.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Ruth said…

    "....the ability to live knowing that we are being taken care of, no matter where we are."

    when you are secure with knowing God has got your back it makes it a whole lot easier to wait doesn't it? I pray that you will really get that in a meaningful way!

    That's great you found a Mops group and have made some connections. If I was living in a hotel room with two babies, I would find a moms group to go to every day of the week. I used to love going to those when my girls were little.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    Wow...that's a crazy season you're in. I can't imagine living in a hotel with two small kids. My parents did it with us for about a month when I was 4 and my sister was a baby...when we moved to Texas and were waiting for our house to be ready.

    But it seems that you are being granted grains of sanity, and for that I am thankful. Here's hoping you have continual nice weather (but not hot) so you can be out and about with the kids as much as you need to be.

    On another note, whenever you have a chance, we are starting a blog for Apples to Apples. I need an e-mail address for you to send your invite for that...so you can e-mail me at erinword at gmail dot com

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger KariBryant said…

    Awe...I just feel like giving all of you a big hug right now!

    Is everyone's life in upheaval presently? God's way of stirring up the batter!

    Ruth, I've never attended a Mops group regularly before and I am curious! I have found 2 to go to, but they don't meet during the summer.

    I did connect with another gal here - a contact from a friend in Nebraska, and I think we are going to get together Friday. It's so strange to me that we've only been here for a week, and already folks are kinder and reaching out more than they did in Falls City after we'd been there for 2 YEARS. Gotta love small town living...NOT.
    kari

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Ruth said…

    I've never been to Mops. All I know is they have a program for the kids and moms separatley so it gives moms a break. I went to "mommy and me" playtime and some craft mornings here and there as well as attending a bible study when my girls were little.

    I guess those don't help now because everyone breaks for summer. :(

    Does the town have a community centre or welcome wagon? SOmetimes there are resources available such drop in play times etc through the community.

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    I'm so glad that you are doing well! I've thought of you often over the past week or so...wondering how things are going for you.

    God is so faithful! My heart rejoices with you in reading about the small "gifts" that He's placing in your path.

    If you ever get an opportunity to read "Pain, Perplexity and Promotion" by Bob Sorge, you should! I've been reading it and it has really put a lot of things in perspective for me regarding the difficulties of our situation here. It's also tearing down some very wrong thoughts that I had about who God is. I think you would enjoy it.

    I love you and miss you! Is your cell number the same?

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    any news?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home